The following definition is endorsed by the Boards of the International Social Marketing Association, European Social Marketing Association, and Australian Association of Social Marketing.
The process consisted of a membership trawl to develop a set of agreed principles of Social Marketing to underpin the definition. The process also included an online members vote on these principles; a summary of the survey results is set out in annex two.
- It was recognised that the definition would be a consensus statement; it would not seek to limit or curtail debate about the nature of Social Marketing. The consensus definitions purpose would be to enable the supporting associations to develop a common narrative about the nature of Social Marketing that would assist in furthering their collective aim of capturing and spreading good practice.
- The definition should focus on both the purpose and nature of Social Marketing practice.
- It should be as short and succinct as possible.
- The definition should be as unambiguous as possible and it should be capable of translation into languages other than English without loss of its substantive meaning.
- The definition should be subject to on-going refinement to reflect the dynamic and developing nature of Social Marketing theory and practice. now i show a most popural digital marketin [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvWL3lxEBAM&w=854&h=480